Billd is an exciting new FinTech company transforming the way construction companies finance projects. Billd is well funded, has its product in the market and has been recently featured in VentureBeat, Austin Business Journal and Modern Contractor Solutions as one of the innovation leaders in this space.
We believe in attracting and hiring the best and brightest. We are looking for talented, motivated professionals to join our growing team. At Billd, you will be challenged to be your best self and guaranteed to have one of the most professionally rewarding experiences of your career.
Interested in what our teammates and customers have to say about at Billd? Feel free to check out our 4.6 star Glassdoor rating and 4.8 Trust Pilot rating.
In this role, you’ll have responsibility for owning engineering and product development including oversight of internal and external teams responsible for the development and enhancement of our core platform used for the customer interface, lending operations, payment management and customer integration.
This role will be responsible for ensuring that our platform continues to scale and perform in meeting our customers’ needs. Success in this role means high execution on platform development, team building and team management, and creating product that supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- Develop organizational goals, drive the technical and organizational roadmap for the engineering team
- Work with product management to identify and prioritize strategic product roadmap initiatives and timelines
- Lead software architecture direction in defining and implementing an platform architecture that is robust, efficient and highly scalable
- Supervise the software development process, setting short-term objectives while meeting long-term company goals
- Work closely with product and operations teams and company leaders to ensure the technology platform is evolving to meet business needs and keep pace with technology trends
- Ensure alignment with the key business stakeholders. Effectively manage resources and remove obstacles to accomplish business goals
- Manage day-to-day operations of local and multiple offshore development teams
- Ensure that the entire team delivers software on-time and on-budget while maintaining a level of innovation required by Billd’s customers
- Mentor and develop technology team members for career development and retention
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in management, engineering, and technology strategy leadership role
- 10+ yrs leading engineering and technology teams, preferably in a high-growth technology company
- Experience in SMB lending, payment processing, and financial services preferred
- 5+ years leading and executing agile software development practices
- Experience collaborating with executives and product manager on defining and executing on product roadmap
- Experience managing offshore technology development teams
- Experience managing cloud operations for reliability, scalability, and security in AWS
- Experience recruiting, hiring and onboarding engineering talent
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of responsibility; driving initiatives from inception to completion
- Programming experience and understanding of modern technology, including: angular, .Net, apex, Salesforce, AWS, and JIRA
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, collaborate with others and get stuff done
- Ability to hold others accountable
- Strong project planning, time management, and collaboration skills
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, white-boarding, and presentation
Billd is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.