Billd is an exciting new FinTech company transforming the way construction companies finance projects. Billd is well funded, has its product in the market and has been recently featured in VentureBeat, Austin Business Journal and Modern Contractor Solutions as one of the innovation leaders in this space.
We believe in attracting and hiring the best and brightest. We are looking for talented, motivated professionals to join our growing team. At Billd, you will be challenged to be your best self and guaranteed to have one of the most professionally rewarding experiences of your career.
Interested in what our teammates and customers have to say about at Billd? Feel free to check out our 4.6 star Glassdoor rating and 4.8 Trust Pilot rating.
You are a proven operator – one with a demonstrated track record of delivering operational results. You get excited at the prospect of leading and enhancing the operational infrastructure of a business to support the rapid growth of the business. The Chief Operations Officer (COO) will own oversight to all deal processing, funding, servicing, collections and lien operations teams and processes. This includes deal review, approval, funding and servicing (along with compliance and quality assurance operational tasks). This person will be part team leader, part system builder and part "get it done" junkie.
Ultimately, this individual will partner with the CEO and other key leaders at Billd to ensure the company achieves its full potential.
- Manage full operations of deal review, funding and servicing (experience here is a must)
- Assess all areas under operations to determine whether the current resources are appropriately aligned with Billd’s strategic vision and operational objectives. Lead any necessary change agenda
- Assess opportunities to deliver improvements in efficiency and error reduction via evaluation of current processes and delivery
- Design and implement policies, processes, and procedures for organizational vitality
- Provide oversight and monitoring of the operational staff
- Develop and enhance ongoing operational policies and protocols, as well as nearer-term goals and metrics that map to key priorities and support targeted improvement
- Build and/or Refine clear prioritization criteria to manage and sequence forward-looking and day to day initiatives
- Drive a culture of execution excellence
- Develop new and/or refine existing tools and functionality to better meet customer needs in both customer service and collections
- Ensure errors and/or customer complaints are identified and addressed quickly. Develop new approaches to proactively solve for potential issues.
- Assess the caliber of existing resources and determine the ideal organizational and talent structure to achieve success
- Provide coaching and development for existing team to further accelerate their performance
- Work with the CEO to put into place a hiring plan as needed to build new skills
- Background leading operational areas fundamental to the performance of a commercial lending business. Has worked closely with credit policy to ensure a seamless decision process and favorable customer experience.
- Expertise in lending (construction also ideal)
- Experience in Salesforce as an operations platform
- Track record of scaling operations to meet growth targets and instituting a culture of continuous operational improvement
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage a high performing team (at least 5+ years of people management)
- Ability to develop new execution processes and streamline existing processes to deliver flawless execution of intent
- Proven ability to develop and implement meaningful operational improvements without significant disruption to existing day-to-day responsibilities
- Ability to be both strategic and tactical. Experience setting a ‘big picture’ vision, but also able to get into the ‘weeds’ when necessary
- Team player who embraces a mindset that “no task is too small”
- Background in developing monitoring and reporting that enables efficient tracking and allocation of resources
- Background in the creation and measurement of the effectiveness of process automation and controls
- Data-driven and goal-oriented – the ability to measure success both quantitatively and qualitatively, and understanding the importance of both
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or other applicable discipline is preferred (as is an MBA, or master’s degree in a related field)